- 40th Annual Spring Benefit Raffle
- Colorado Cancer Research Program
- News from Cancer League of Colorado: President’s Message
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Dr. Julie Prutsman with Sound Relief Hearing Center Goes Over the Edge, Raises $5,000 for Cancer League of Colorado
- CU Cancer Center Ranked Best Hospital in Colorado by U.S. News & World Report
- July 2013 Newsletter from the Cancer League of Colorado
- Lung Cancer Survivor Excelling in Running Competitions
- Spa & Fashion Show Fundraising Event June 23rd!
- 20th Annual Hospice Celebration of Life Monday, June 10, 2013
- Gene Therapy Cures Leukaemia in Eight Days
- 9 News Profiles the Race for Research
See Who Is Talking About Us
Dr. Dan Theodorescu, Cancer Center Director and Bladder Cancer Researcher, Surgeon Next
“The Cancer League of Colorado has been a key partner in funding some of the most innovative science ideas of our members that have led to federal funding and advances in cancer. It has also been instrumental in providing visionary leadership by creating an endowed chair so the University of Colorado Cancer Center can recruit the best and brightest leaders in cancer research in the nation.”
Dr. Paul A. Bunn, Principal Investigator, University of Colorado Specialized Program of Excellence in Lung Cancer Next
“Cancer is a group of dread diseases which will afflict one in three Americans during their lifetime. It is not widely recognized that more than 50% of those who develop cancer will be cured of their disease, that the cure rate increases with younger age, and that the cure rate has progressively increased over the past two decades.
Last year the mortality rate from cancer declined for the first time. All of these positive events have developed because of the nation’s cancer research efforts. Although the National Cancer Institute is the largest single source of cancer research funds, the NCI’s funding is less than 50% of all cancer research funds, and is a small fraction of the funds spent on cancer health care.
The dollars raised by Cancer League are essential for the cancer research effort in Colorado, providing flexible dollars for novel ideas. These novel ideas invariably lead to new grants and new ways to solve the cancer problem.”
Suzy Thevenet, Past President of the Cancer League of Colorado. Next
Edie Marks, Realtor, Past President of the Cancer League of Colorado Next
Mike Nelson, Chief Meteorologist at 7NEWS. Next
“I think that what impresses me most about Cancer League is the fact that a lot of hardworking volunteers make it possible to continue the fight against cancer.”
Fleta Johnsen, QuaLifeline President, Past President Cancer League of Colorado Next
“Cancer League of Colorado was instrumental in starting QuaLife and has continued to offer encouragement and funds. Without Cancer League’s support, QuaLife might not exist.”
Bill Owens, Former Governor of Colorado Next
“Cancer League of Colorado is an organization near to my heart as my father passed away from cancer a few years ago.
I am especially proud to be associated with Cancer League because it is a 100% volunteer organization with every penny raised going directly to research and patient care projects here in Colorado.”
View Calendar ✔ Subscribe Add to Google